Recreate the classic “Rock, Paper, Scissors” game in Elixir. The mechanics of the game are described below, or for more details see the Wikipedia link in our resources section.
r = rock p = paper s = scissors rock: wins to scissors, loses with paper, a tie with rock. paper: wins to rock, loses with scissors, a tie with paper. scissors: wins to paper, loses with rock, a tie with scissors.
- The user will input their choice as a String of 3 characters e.g.
- The program will then output as a String of 3 characters
"spr"and a result e.g.
- The program will choose it’s response output randomly
- Each individual input character will always output one of the three possibilites
- If the user enters blank or any other character, then the program simply returns
- The program should not be influenced by the user’s input, i.e. it should make it’s choice at random
iex> --enter your code here-- rps sprDraw
The solution that completes this puzzle with the shortest number of characters wins.
Submit your solution
Please submit your solution as a comment on the Github issue below, along with your Twitter handle (we will use this to link back to you if your solution is successful).
--- your name here ---
- Wikipedia Rock-Paper-Scissors https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rock-paper-scissors