A palindrome is a sequence of characters which can be read forwards or backwards.
For example a good word palindrome might be:
or for a sentence palindrome, you could have:
“was it a car or a cat i saw”
Your job is to write Elixir code that takes a string from the standard input and
false value indicating whether that string is a palindrome
Code will be run from
iex, when your code is executed it will prompt for user
input and on
return will output a
iex> --enter your code here-- level true
- Punctuation and whitespace is allowed in the input string of characters, however your program should ignore it, and should not affect whether the string is a palindrome or not.
- Numbers are valid palindrome characters.
- The case of the input string should not affect palindrome determination. Therefore “Taco cat” is purrfectly valid.
- There is no limit on the length of the input string.
- Only use the ASCII character set.
Submit your solution
Please submit your solution as a comment on the Github issue below, along with your Twitter handle (we will use this to link back to you if your solution is successful).
--- your name here ---
- Wikipedia “Palindrome” https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palindrome
- Palindrome generator http://www.dcode.fr/palindromes-generator